Windows Photo viewer is EXTREMELY turtle-like!!!!!!

Help requests related to video, music, multimedia, entertainment.
robert

Windows Photo viewer is EXTREMELY turtle-like!!!!!!

Post by robert » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:02 am

I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system.
Pictures I try to view take several seconds to load on Windows Photo Viewer, especially when I'm switching from one picture to another. My computer's speed is not causing this because I've got 2GB of RAM. When I had Windows XP, I never had that problem with the Windows picture viewer.

What should I do? Is there some other picture-viewing program that I can use that will work faster?

martin

Re: Windows Photo viewer is EXTREMELY turtle-like!!!!!!

Post by martin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 am

Hi there!
There are disturbingly A LOT of photo-viewing pictures on the Internet. The best of them is Google Picasa. You can use this software... A great one.

If you prefer continuing with your Windows Photo Viewer, you may like to do the following:
SOLUTION - At some stage you probably color calibrated your display using the tool in Windows 7. As soon as you remove this calibration profile speed will return to normal.

Right Click on Desktop>Screen Resolution>Advanced Settings>Color Management>Color Management>Advanced>Change System Defaults

Then click on the default profile (the one you are using now) and click Remove. The profile should have some string in it like 'calibrated' ( I forget, I just deleted mine ). Make sure the new default profile does not have the 'calibrated' string in it. When you click Remove you will probably note some change in the screen colors as another profile becomes the default.

Now suddenly the image viewer will be lightning fast.
Go figure out yourself. :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Multimedia and Entertainment”