How to speed up Windows 7

Windows help requests that don't fit into any of the other technical areas go in this forum.
cerda

How to speed up Windows 7

Post by cerda » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:46 am

Hi all,
I have been using Windows 7 in my computer for a long time... As a result, my OS became very slow. Is there any way through which I can make it faster? :cry: :cry:

Thanks in advance.

bdeveloper

Re: How to speed up Windows 7

Post by bdeveloper » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:57 am

Hi there!
There are several way to speed up your system. There are several option through which you can do this. They are:
1. Defragment your Hard Disk. You can find this option in: Start>All Programs> Accessories>System Tools> Disk Defragmenter. Go there and defragment your disk. Your computer will be lot faster.
2. Delete the files and uninstall the programs which you don't use anymore. This will help free up space and make your system faster.
3. Press Windows Key+ 'r' to open the 'Run Command'. There, you can do three things to make your system faster:
i) Type PREFETCH and press enter. You may need administration rights to access it.
After you are done with that, delete all the files there. (DO NOT DELETE the folder.)
ii) Type TEMP and press enter. Delete the files there too.
iii) Type TREE ad press enter. This will open a window which arranges all the files in a
particular place. You don't need to do anything there, after some time it will be
automatically closed.
I recommend that you do the above things regularly to keep your system fast. Besides, there are also many softwares which can possibly speed up your system. You can easily find them on the Web.
Hope it helps you!! :D

azdour

Re: How to speed up Windows 7

Post by azdour » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Hey there.
Thanks for your advice... It will be very useful for newcomers in Windows 7.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Others”